Baked carrot chips are easy to make, and one of the most popular veggie snacks out there. The carrots only need to be thinly sliced, seasoned with salt and olive oil, then baked.
And you have tons of nutritious snacks for the day! Additionally, they are quite tasty, naturally sweet, and bake very crisp.
We’re sure you’ll love our Baked Sweet Potato Chips, as well.
• 600g carrots (3 large carrots)
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
1. Set the oven to 180°C (356°F). Use parchment paper to line a baking sheet.
2. Trim the carrots’ tops after rinsing them. Slice the carrots into long, paper-thin slices beginning at the thick end. The easiest way to do this is with a mandoline slicer, but you can also use a cutting board and a sharp knife.
3. Olive oil should then be added to the dish of sliced carrots. Toss well to coat.
4. On a baking sheet, arrange the slices in a single layer. Add some fine salt. Chips should be baked in several batches.
5. Bake for 5 to 6 minutes, turning each slice after baking for 12 to 14 minutes or when the edges begin to curl. As they cool, they will continue to get crisper. Take off from the sheet, then set it in a basin.
Carrot chips can be kept in a container for 2-3 days.