The Quinoa and Black Bean Power Bowl is the ideal quick-and-easy lunch since it is nutrient-dense, high in protein, and high in fiber. Anyone looking for a filling and healthy lunch or dinner should choose this dish. It is also a great option for meal preparation. This power bowl mix of black beans and protein-rich quinoa will keep you full and satisfied for longer.
With this delicious and filling Quinoa and Black Bean Power Bowl recipe, get your daily dose of nutrients! This recipe is ideal for lunch or dinner because it’s loaded with quinoa, a protein-rich grain, and black beans. Featuring a variety of vibrant vegetables and a simple dressing, this power bowl is the ideal way to nourish your body while pleasing your taste buds. Keep reading to learn how to make this simple yet delicious meal!
Quinoa and black beans are nutrient-dense, high in protein, and high in fiber, making them the perfect quick and easy meal. This recipe is ideal for anyone searching for a hearty and satisfying lunch or dinner. It is also a great option for cooking. You’ll feel satiated and full longer if you combine protein-rich quinoa with black beans in this power bowl.
The high protein content of this power bowl is one of its key advantages. In comparison to black beans, which are also a fantastic source of protein, quinoa is a complete protein, meaning that it includes all nine essential amino acids. For vegans and vegetarians who are trying to acquire adequate protein in their diets, this combination makes this power bowl a fantastic choice. This power bowl also has a lot of fiber, which promotes regular digestion and can help you feel fuller longer.
Important points to note while making this recipe:
• It is important to prepare the quinoa well while making this recipe. To achieve this, use the correct amount of water to quinoa ratio and wash the quinoa thoroughly before cooking.
• For simplicity, you can use canned black beans, but if you prefer dry beans, soak them overnight before cooking.
• To make this power bowl more nutritious, you can also add any additional vegetables of your choice like roasted sweet potatoes, bell peppers, corn, etc.
• You can also add more spices and seasonings like cumin, chili powder, garlic, etc. to this power bowl to give it more flavor.
How to make:
The Quinoa and Black Bean Power Bowl can be prepared in about 30 minutes and is easy to prepare. When you start cooking, make sure all your ingredients are ready to use. Simply put together your Power Bowl and add desired toppings once the quinoa and black beans are cooked. Because it can be prepared ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, it is ideal for meal prep. Just reheat, then eat!
Calories per serving: 380-450
• 1 cup quinoa
• 2 cups water
• 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 red bell pepper, diced
• 1 yellow onion, diced
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• Salt and pepper, to taste
Optional toppings: Avocado, salsa, cilantro, lime wedges, hot sauce, etc.
• Wash the quinoa thoroughly in cold water. Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Lower the heat and add the quinoa. Once the liquid is absorbed and the quinoa is soft, cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
• Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook red bell pepper, onion, and other vegetables for 5-7 minutes or till they turn soft. Black beans that have been washed and drained are added to the skillet along with salt and pepper. Sauté black beans for another 2 to 3 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.
• Divide the cooked quinoa evenly between the two serving dishes to create the power bowl.
• Add the black bean and veggie combination on top of the quinoa.
• Serve with your preferred toppings, such as salsa, cilantro, lime wedges, spicy sauce, avocado slices, etc.