Tom Kha Gai is a traditional Thai dish prepared with a delicious broth made with mushrooms, lemongrass, ginger, and coconut milk. It is an ideal dish for vegetarians as it is often served with tofu and vegetables. It is a famous soup in Thailand, and most Thai restaurants worldwide serve it.
• 4 cups vegetable broth
• 1 can of coconut milk
• 2 crushed lemongrass stalks
• 4 kaffir lime leaves
• 2-3 pieces of galangal
• 2-3 red chilies
• 3 minced cloves of garlic
• 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
• 1/2 cup chopped tofu
• 2 tablespoon fish sauce (vegan alternative can be used)
• 2 tablespoon soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon palm sugar or brown sugar
• 2 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1/4 cup chopped coriander (cilantro) leaves
• 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
1. In a large pot, bring vegetable broth to a boil over medium-high heat. Red pepper, minced garlic, galangal, kaffir lime leaves, and crushed lemongrass should all be added.
2. Reduce the heat to a low setting and simmer the soup for 15 minutes. For an additional 5 minutes, add the diced mushrooms and tofu. Add palm sugar, fish sauce, soy sauce, and coconut milk. Continue boiling the soup for another 5 minutes. After turning off the gas, add lemon juice to it.
Pour the soup into a plate and top it with spring onions and coriander (cilantro) leaves.
Vegetarians will love the wonderful and aromatic Thai dish Tom Kha Gai. This recipe provides an easy and delicious method to make Tom Kha Gai at home with easily available ingredients. You are welcome to try other vegetables and change the flavor to suit your taste.
Tom Kha Gai is a delicious and filling dish that is sure to please, whether you’re a long-time vegetarian or trying something new.